Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ok, I have a HP G62 laptop 

It has an AMD Athlon II P340 Dual-core procesoor 2.2Ghz.

Product # is: XH066UA#ABA

I was wondering if I can upgrade the processor affordably. I was looking at the following:

1) AMD phenom II n920

2) AMD Phenom n930

Is it possible? What would you recommend of the two? I assume a quad-core would be much better than this dual core? I want to speed it up. I have it maxed out at 8 GB RAM already. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@blacksheep515 wrote:

Ok, I have a HP G62 laptop 

It has an AMD Athlon II P340 Dual-core procesoor 2.2Ghz.

Product # is: XH066UA#ABA

I was wondering if I can upgrade the processor affordably. I was looking at the following:

1) AMD phenom II n920

2) AMD Phenom n930

Is it possible? What would you recommend of the two? I assume a quad-core would be much better than this dual core? I want to speed it up. I have it maxed out at 8 GB RAM already. Thanks!

Hi,

This is your laptop home product page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=16268&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=u...

The service manual is here:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02641795.pdf

It says that the Phenom N930 is listed as compatible and should work on the laptop..:)

The first option is not listed so I don't think it will work.

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.