Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

First I'm sorry that this message is kind of a repost since i've putted my first message in the wrond section and can't remove it. I have a Compaq Presario CQ62-200ca with a AMD V Series V120 processor and i would like to know if it is possible to upgrade the processor for a dual core.  Can the motherboard / cpu support it? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is list of processors the notebook as tested with....This information is Service Manual as well http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02129288.pdf

But that said, this notebook is still under warranty...to do a processor upgrade on notebooks takes a lot of effort and ricky as well...

• AMD Phenom N930 Processor (2.0 GHz, 2MB total L2 cache, 1333 MHz) Quad core
  • AMD Phenom II P920 Processor (1.6 GHz, 2MB total L2 cache, 1066 MHz) Quad Core
  • AMD Phenom II P820 Processor (1.8 GHz, 1.5MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz, 3.6 GT/s) Triple Core
  • AMD Phenom N830 Processor (2.1 GHz, 1.5MB total L2 cache, 1333 MHz)—Triple Core
  • AMD Anthlon II P320 Processor (2.1 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz, 3.2 GT/s) Dual Core
  • AMD Anthlon™ II N330 Processor (2.3 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz, 3.2 GT/s) Dual Core
  • AMD Phenom N620 Processor (2.8 GHz, 2MB total L2 cache, 1333 MHz) Dual Core
  • AMD Turion II P520 Processor (2.3 GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz, 3.6 GT/s) Dual Core
  • AMD Turion™ II N530 Processor (2.5 GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz, 3.6 GT/s) Dual Core

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Here is list of processors the notebook as tested with....This information is Service Manual as well http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02129288.pdf

But that said, this notebook is still under warranty...to do a processor upgrade on notebooks takes a lot of effort and ricky as well...

• AMD Phenom N930 Processor (2.0 GHz, 2MB total L2 cache, 1333 MHz) Quad core
  • AMD Phenom II P920 Processor (1.6 GHz, 2MB total L2 cache, 1066 MHz) Quad Core
  • AMD Phenom II P820 Processor (1.8 GHz, 1.5MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz, 3.6 GT/s) Triple Core
  • AMD Phenom N830 Processor (2.1 GHz, 1.5MB total L2 cache, 1333 MHz)—Triple Core
  • AMD Anthlon II P320 Processor (2.1 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz, 3.2 GT/s) Dual Core
  • AMD Anthlon™ II N330 Processor (2.3 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz, 3.2 GT/s) Dual Core
  • AMD Phenom N620 Processor (2.8 GHz, 2MB total L2 cache, 1333 MHz) Dual Core
  • AMD Turion II P520 Processor (2.3 GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz, 3.6 GT/s) Dual Core
  • AMD Turion™ II N530 Processor (2.5 GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz, 3.6 GT/s) Dual Core

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

Thx a lot for this precious information! With these infos i'm going to dig a little more just to be sure the one in the list you gave me is going to be supported! Thx again!

HP Recommended

You are welcome! :generic:

But, Ride out the warranty period before deciding on any upgrade....

HP Recommended

What is the max size processor that can be installed in a Presario S3100NX?

HP Recommended

I have been attempting to use a M500 Turion II chip in a CQ62-231NR without success. Is this not possible ? All I get is a POST error message (3 long blinks). I have tried 2 different chips with the same result. Do I need to locate a N530 chip ? Thanks !

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.