Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i have a problem and i hope someone can help me out i have a hp mini 210-1010nr and i want to upgrade it to a 2 gb ram. i just purchase a 2 gb ram  it is 2gb pc2-5300 ddr2 sodimm laptop notebook pc5300 ram i was wondering will this work with my hp mini. please help me.

HP Recommended

If I read these posts correctly, I can upgrade the 1 GB SODIMM 667 RAM on my new Mini 210-1155DX to 4 GB by using either a single 4 GB 667 or a single 4 GB 800 SODIMM. So why on earth do all the minis load Win7 which begs for 4GB but they only have 1 GB RAM?

HP Recommended

Take a look - it is very easy :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISIBCLS9MuM

HP Recommended

I own a HP mini 210 1040nr and tried to upgrade to a 2gb crucial pc2-6400 (800 MHz).

IT DID NOT BOOT!

I'm not sure what the deal is because everyone seems to say that both the 800 will work.

Maybe it only works for the HD model??? Could the ram stick be DOA????

the crucial site said it would in fact work. 

I guess I'll exchange it for the 667 model.

HP Recommended

Hi, I've got a HP Mini 210 - 1071 CA

It came with 1 GB ddr2 @ 667, which based on the manual I upgraded to a 2GB DDR2 @ 800.

It boots fine and runs well, but it only runs @ 667, though all 2GB are correctly detected.

Is this a bad idea? I've noticed it doesn't drop to 800mhz (the cpu frequency that is), it's always running between 1ghz and 1.7 depending on load. Wondering if it's cause I've got the "wrong" ram in there, though I was sure it was supposed to be supported.

From what I've read on the web, if it boots and runs then its fine. But if it doesn't boot then get the correct ram speed chip.

Thoughts?

HP Recommended

Oh, and just to add. I know the product specifications for that machine say 1Gb max, but that's actually a limitation of Windows 7 Starter, not the machine itself.

HP Recommended

According to India HP support, it depends. 

Even though the

"HP Mini 2102, HP Mini 210, and

Compaq Mini 210

Maintenance and Service Guide"

states that for a Mini 210

1-GB total system memory

NOTE:

Supported on computers with all operating

2-GB total system memory

NOTE:

Supported only on computers with Windows

7 Premium, Windows 7 Professional, and Windows 7

Starter with Certificate of Authenticity (COA) Emerging

Markets and FreeDOS, and in China, Windows XP

only.

systems

It is WRONG acording to India HP support:

Depending on the Mini 210 model, it may or may not support 2GB RAM. 

I can't believe HP has screwed up the documentation this bad.

Before buying a Mini, I suggest calling the support line to find out if the upgrade(s) you would like to do can even be done.  BTW, be prepared to be treated rudely if you question the script they are reading to you.

HP Recommended

Thank you sir for going out of your way to find a straight answer. There's something fishy about HP and Windows 7 Starter. It just seems like they don't want you to upgrade through a third party (which is understandable I guess), but don't lie about the specs for the sake of proprietary products (note: you can upgrade to 2GB if you buy a custom mini 210 direct from HP).

I ended up purchasing a G.SKILL 2GB DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Laptop Memory Model from newegg. I'll be sure to post the verdict once it gets here.

link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231164 

HP Recommended

I finally received my G.skill 2GB 667 stick from new egg today and it didn't work. I was just about to give up until I thought, why not try to see if i can install a new version of BIOS, if there is a new version......Sure enough my BIOS was 9 VERSIONS BEHIND THE LATEST VERSION! I guess that just goes to show that a new computer is not always up to date. Windows update will not update your BIOS for you. I'm really glad I didn't ship the stick back.

Its too bad this was the second stick I ordered, because the first one (crucial 2GB 800, which I shipped back) Would have probably worked too had I updated the BIOS before installing. 

Maybe I'm and idiot for not knowing this earlier, but maybe someone somewhere will have the same problem.

Peace&Love

HP Recommended

I recently bought the HP Mini 210-1155dx and it came with 1gb DDR3, I tried to upgrade to 2gb but after installing it my system wouldn't boot up.  Anyone know what exact memory would work with my system?  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.