03-14-2013 12:57 PM
I would like to know if my HP Notebook Computer model # 2000-2C29WM can be upgraded with at least a 1tb hard disk drive. I would also like to know the pin count of the RAM I need to install (208 pin, 240 pin, etc). I know that I take DDR3 modules. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also, I would like to know if the processor can be upgraded to any of the new AMD E processors. Thanks again!
03-15-2013 01:54 PM
Page 45 of this guide notes the RAM the system came with as PC3-12800 with HP part number 641369-001
According to this site, the 204 pin module they have is equivalent to the HP part matching 641369-001.
The notebook shouldn't have any issue as long as the HDD is not more than 1TB. It may work with a larger HDD, but I cannot say with 100% certainty.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)