05-19-2014 04:03 AM
05-19-2014 04:09 AM - last edited on 04-20-2016 02:25 PM by OscarFuentes
Based on the following specs:
- 1 PCI Express x16 (Gen3.0)
- 3 PCI Express x1 (Gen2.0)
- 1 half-length mini card
Any standard PCIe Gen 2 - USB card will do the job such as:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
05-19-2014 04:18 AM
Thanks for the response.
Yes, based on the specs, I thought any 2nd gen card would be fine.
But the generic one I bought today locked up the computer after installation so I removed it straight away.
I will look at the links you have attached.
Thanks again. R
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)