Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp ENVY dv6-7305ee
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey all!

So my laptop started making vibrating noise. i can feel the vibration in my hands while typing you these words . so here they are all the information i can tell:

-the vibrating noise started 2 months ago and still going.

-the noise is always accompanied by vibration felt near the power button, left to the touch pad and in the keyboard

-the vibration is felt more on the left side than the right.

-the noise onset is intermittent, i mean either it start when i turn my lap on or after a while but when it starts , it usually goes on forever until i turn the lap off for like 6 hours.

-the vibrating noise reaches its peak when the laptop is Shutting Down

-sometimes it happens when my fan is at high speed (2,700:3,000 rpm according to speedfan software program) and other times the fan is just 1,700 rpm and the noise still going.

-sometimes it`s accompanies by high CPU Usage (65%) and other times it`s going on while the CPU Usage is less than 10% as it`s now while typing this.

-the voice and vibration goes off when i tap near the power button (slightly to the right of it) with a little bit of force. then after like 10 seconds, the voice show again

-upon inspection, i opened the laptop and found nothing wrong , i cleaned the fan so well, didn`t make anything to the fan parts, i searched for any friction prints on the fan case or near it but i found none, and lastly i secured the fan with the 4 screws very well and in the motherboard too to make sure it`s not vibrating but the sound still going.

-at the early few times, i was getting the error 90B upon start telling my that the cooling fan is having some troubles and so on but it`s been a long time since the last time it appeared to me , now i just turn it on and directly opens to my log in window.

-all of the laptop parts are original and nothing changed in it.

-the laptop never got to high temperatures , my room is 12 degree C , i have fan pad  and i keep my lap temp monitored

-previously i was playing games on my laptop and leaving it on with skype while sleeping, but now i dont do any of these but it never helped .

Please share any kind of information to help me diagnose this case and most importantly, please tell me how to fix such issue in software aspects and hardware too

one last thing is that i`m trying to buy a new fan for my laptop but it`s almost impossible, i went to all malls and shops and agencies in my country to find the proper fan and they never have it so i`m stuck with this until feburary at least until i get one from outside my country.. 

Thanks for your time and efforts

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@thisRUBY

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand the fan is making an unbearable vibration,

I appreciate the details, makes life a lot easier - Thank you 🙂

I must let you know that you've done all the steps a Technician could have suggested on this or any platform for that matter and considering the fact that you have been getting the "90B" error sometime back, it's definitely a hardware malfunction with the CPU fan and that said, if you haven't contacted HP to get it replaced under your warranty (if within 1yr of factory warranty or Extended warranty plan) it should be free of charge,

If your device is not covered by the warranty, please visit HP Partsurfer using your product number, you could look for the part number of the defective part, then use the HP Parts Store to order the genuine parts from HP directly.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hello again, thanks for your reply and efforts. I have my lap 3 years so far so no warranty for me any more. I am almost positive it's my fan even if my eyes and hands didn't spot any trace of malfunction.
What if it was from the hard drive?.. This concerns me more, is there any way to Deferentiate between both?..
HP Recommended

@thisRUBY

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

The best way to determine or confirm that this isn't related to your hard drive is to run a test on it using the Hardware diagnostic tool: Click here for details.

that said, the description of your concern points to a defective fan and nothing more, although, you are right as it's always better to be safe than sorry!

Please revert back to me with the results so we are on the same page,

Also, let me know if you need help with those websites I shared earlier.

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.