12-04-2009 07:22 AM
I have a 6530b which exhibits very strange behavior when I toggle the virtualization technology option in the bios. I have to boot with the setting off, reboot... turn it on (which doesn't actually work) and then reboot to turn it off again which will then allow me to use VT in vmware. Then if I shutdown or reboot it will remain off, and I have to do that whole process over again.
I've flashed my bios with the F.11 release which is the latest available.
I believe this is a BIOS bug and I'm wondering if anyone else can confirm or has similar issues.
10-27-2010 08:17 AM
I have a 6530b with Win7 64-bit.
I'm in a training class where we are using VirtualBox, so having the virutalization work, is important.
Finally today, by looking for "64-bit OS" issues, instead of "6530b" issues, I found a fix on the internet today for this problem.
1. Go into the BIOS.
2. Disable Virtualization, then Save the settings.
3. Enable Virtualization, then Save and Exit the BIOS.
4. Turn off the machine before it reboots.
5. Remove the power adapter and the battery.
6. Wait 30-60 seconds, then re-install the battery and plug in the power adapter.
7. Power on the machine and boot into Windows.
Now you should have virtualization available.
10-27-2010 02:20 PM
5A. Press and hold Power Button
This is the instructions for a Hard Rest,,,,,,,,,
Don't want to hijack your post,,,
> Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
> See a great post? Click on the white star and give it a Kudos!
09-13-2013 09:13 AM
i have HP Pavilion Elite m9441it and i can t found virtualization technology in bios and i have to use virtual box please i want help
i have already update the bios and againe i can t find it
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)