Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
M1V66UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought this brand new laptop from best buy. while trying to update from hp support Noticed wlan softare installation got error message. please help me out. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey, 

You said that your HPSA now says that no updates are available. Which means that all updates have been done and that there are none to do at this moment. They could have just been stuck before. 

I cannot say definitively one way or the other whether it is hardware or software that caused the issue. 

What I can tell you based on the troubleshooting you have performed up to this point, it seems that the HPSA may have just thought the update was not being done so it was asking you to do them continuously because it did not recognize that the Notebook had already installed it. Which sometimes can happen. It seems to be rectified up to this point. 

If Windows does updates without an issue now, the HP Support Assistant says that you are up to date and you are not receiving any error messages or performance issues now, then I believe the issue is resolved at this time. 

If you agree, please click the Accept as Solution button. 

If you would like to say thanks for my effort, please use the Thumbs Up button. 

Hope that this answers your questions! 

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @nb2014

Welcome back to the HP Forums, and thanks for posting! 🙂 

I'd be happy to assist with the driver installation error that you're getting. 

Can you please let me know if the error message specifies which driver is failing to install? 

If not, follow the steps here to check which LAN driver is currently installed: 

1. Right click on your Start menu.

2. Select Device Manager. 

3. Click the (+) to expand the section for Network Adapters.

Let me know what's listed there, and I'll get you a link to install the driver directly. 🙂 

If these steps resolved your issue please click "Accept as Solution." You can also click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks!" 

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. 

Driver that was failed to install:

SP73525 version 18.20.0.9Pp2

Network adapters that are currently installed:

Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC7265

Realtek PCle GBE Fmily Controller #2

WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

WAN miniport (IP)

WAN Miniport (IPv6)

WAN Miniport (L2TP)

WAN Miniport (Network monitor)

WAN Miniport (PPPOE)

WAN Miniport (PPTP)

WAN Miniport (SSTP)

In addition to this I found my BIOS update installation was also failed. Is there any link between these two problems.

The failed BIOS is SP 76219 version F.21Ap1

Thnaks in advance for your help.

HP Recommended

Hey! 

I understand that you are having an issue downloading some updates. HeyListen has stepped out of office and I have been entrusted to help out! 

What was the exact error message that you had received?

You had mentioned trying to update drivers from HP Support. Where are you trying to download the drivers from?

I looked up your HP ENVY x360 - m6-w103dx Software and Driver Downloads page and I cannot seem to find the sp73525 (WLAN) or the sp76219 (BIOS) updates available on your specific/compatible driver downloads page.

I did find the BIOS update sp76219 available on a page that is not compatible with your Notebook and the sp73525 available for an HP OMEN 15-5110nr that again is not compatible with your Notebook. This could be why the drivers are not downloading for you properly. 

For the BIOS, on your driver page I see: 

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors): Fixes an intermittent issue where the system does not power on properly from the SATA drive on the system

• File name: sp75824.exe
  • Released: Apr 30, 2016
  • Updated: May 23, 2016
  • Version F.1B Rev.A

OR 

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors): Provides the updated BIOS to support Windows 10.

• File name: sp72099.exe
  • Released: Jul 29, 2015
  • Updated: May 22, 2016
  • Version F.10 Rev.A

Are you having any issues with the WiFi on your Notebook?

Are you able to do updates using Windows Updates?

Are you able to do updates using the HP Support Assistant?

I see that you have both the Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC7265 and the Realtek PCle GBE Fmily Controller #2 listed in your Device Manager. If you go to details, what are the driver details 

Please let me know. 

Thanks 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hi EmeraldAvenger,

thanks a lot for your advice. I highly appreciate for your quick response. 

As I said my HP support assiatanct shows installation failed and failed drivers are WLAN and BIOS. I am not downloading anything by myself. All the updates are coming through HP support assistant. 

You menioned the two drivers are not compatible with my laptop model then which model these two drivers are comaptible with ?

I am wondering if I need to update my HP support assistant driver. 

I have no issue with wifi or windows update. During first time windows updating the laptop was freezed (mouse pad and keyboard was not responding). But after restart laptop behaved normally. Since then I did not encounter any problem with windows updating. I have already updated windows multiple times.   

Not sure about the HP support assistant though since it asking for wired drivers updating. 

Please advice. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hey, 

Thanks for getting back to me! After reading your recent post, I would suggest that you please try to download and install the latest version of HPSA to see if that helps rectify the issue.  

If not, please follow the troubleshooting steps in the Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant documentation. Although some of the titles are different than the issue you are experiencing, the troubleshooting for the HP Support Assistant is the same. 

You can try to uninstall the HPSA and then reinstall it using the download from your Software and Driver Downloads page below: 

HP Support Assistant

Fix and enhancements - Provides the updated software.

File name: sp74656.exe

Released: Feb 17, 2016

Updated: Aug 9, 2016

Version 8.2.8.25 Rev.A

Please let me know how this goes. 

Thanks 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks, I did uninstall and reinstall HPSA. Now it shows no update available (no history of previous action). 

My computer got freezes while updating windows for the first time. Do you think this is due to hardware or software issue. 

Since then windows updated few times without any problem. 

I am worried if any interanl problem/s can cause laptop failure in the near future.  

HP Recommended

Hey, 

You said that your HPSA now says that no updates are available. Which means that all updates have been done and that there are none to do at this moment. They could have just been stuck before. 

I cannot say definitively one way or the other whether it is hardware or software that caused the issue. 

What I can tell you based on the troubleshooting you have performed up to this point, it seems that the HPSA may have just thought the update was not being done so it was asking you to do them continuously because it did not recognize that the Notebook had already installed it. Which sometimes can happen. It seems to be rectified up to this point. 

If Windows does updates without an issue now, the HP Support Assistant says that you are up to date and you are not receiving any error messages or performance issues now, then I believe the issue is resolved at this time. 

If you agree, please click the Accept as Solution button. 

If you would like to say thanks for my effort, please use the Thumbs Up button. 

Hope that this answers your questions! 

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.