03-13-2014 09:31 PM
laptop model: HP ENVY Ultrabook 6-1025tu
I'm using windows 8.1 pro
Webcam is not working, i'm using youcam software which i downloaded from HP Drivers Website after choosing my Operating System,
When basic drivers are installed device manager shows HP truevision cam, after upgrading now device manager show SPCA2082 PC Camera,
When i run the youcam software camera's light turn on but it shows no video....
03-14-2014 08:37 AM
Try the following.
Open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager, expand Imaging devices, right click on the HP Webcam entry and select Properties.
Select the driver tab and then click on the 'Update driver' button. Select 'Browse my computer for driver software' and then choose 'let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.
Remove the tick from the box next to 'Show compatible hardware'. Under the Manufacturer column, left click 'Microsoft' to high light the entry and then select 'USB Video Device'. Click next to install the driver.
When done, restart the notebook.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)