Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion x2 10-k006na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I bought a Pavillion x2 10-k006na  Win 8.1 last year with a view to taking advantage of the free upgrade to Win 10. I did install this and it all worked very well and I am pleased with Win10.

I was not interested in the camera functionality till about 8 months ago when I installed Skype I discovered the camera did not work. I contacted HP suppport and found them very helpful they told me the camera driver was out of date and they remotely downloaded the new driver but that did not work either.

I have spent the time since then contacting HP on many occasions but this more or less ended when they told me that they were not responsible for a change in the OS software now being different from what I purchased (Win 8.1) and therefore that is what they would support.

Now I stress here that they did assist me with Win 10 for several months but did not get the camera to work.

I being a bit of a dog with a bone kept returning to this problem. I did eventually find that I could get the camera to work with the original camera driver Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processr 2400 dated 01/08/2014. But this only worked if I switch on the computer (camera not work) and then RESTART system and camera did work.  I lived with this but at the same time my brain was still functioning.

Now I am not a techie more never say die. There was clearly, well to me anyway, something different happing between the Normal Start and a Restart. So I went looking for WHAT.

That was when I discovered Fast Startup.  The following is a link to a post by Brink on the Windows 10 Forum and you have no idea how happy this made me after the many months of frustration. You will see there is a comprehensive explanation of the difference between a normal sart and a fast startup (what RESTART does that is different from Normal start. Apparently Win 10 defaults your computer to Fast Startup. If you follow Brink's Tutoril you will see the steps to take to stop fast start being used.

I know I have been rather long wided about this but I make no apologies as I now have the camera operating correcctly. I hope an HP Tech reads this and makes a comment.

Lastly I will say I also have a Laptop that has no such problem with its webcam????

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.