Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I recently had to replace the hard drive my pavillion dv6500 entertainment pc.

Since i have done this the webcam isnt registering in any programs, I prosume I just need to install drivers.

When I go on the HP website I can find my computer and the section with all the drivers but i cannot see any webcam driver.

Could someone please give me a link to where I can find a solution or tell me if I'm missing something 

Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

I believe you just need to install the Cyberlink YouCam software.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-67313-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

If you post your product code from the sticker on the bottom of your PC, I can tell you exactly what model dv6500 you have and send you the link to the support and driver page specifically for your notebook.

Paul

HP Recommended

I had the same problem and got the following error message when trying to install Cyberlink YouCam:

No webcam detected

HP Recommended

Hello jfbenard,

I see that you are having problems with the webcam on your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

Hi npw,

Thanks for helping !

The general model number which is listed under the computer is Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC, but the exact model is Pavilion dv6624ca Notebook PC. And the product number is GS823UA#ABC.

Jean-François

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information,

Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps for webcam issues. Follow the steps in the link and let me know what happens.

Are you still using Windows Vista?

Let me know if you get any error messages and if none of the steps work check and see if the webcam is listed in device manager.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

Hi npw,

I don't see the link to the troubleshooting page you were refering to in your last post.

Yes, I am still with Vista 32 bits family premium.

Here is the history of the problem and what I tried to solve the problem:

The webcam used to be functional, ex: with Skype video calls.

At one point I uninstalled Cyberlink YouCam because I didn't use it and frankly because I thought it was a lame software. I didn't know a the time that this software could be important in keeping my webcam enabled and I don't know if the webcam problem appeared at that point.

I discovered the problem recently trying a Skype video call. In Tools/Options/Video Skype says that it can't find a webcam.

I tried to reinstall Cyberlink YouCam (sp42568.exe) but the installation fails because there is "No webcam detected".

I tried to use the webcam with QuickPlay, but in the video page there is no HP Webcam in the Source column.

And there are no "Imaging devices" in the Device Manager, to try updating or re-installing the drivers.

HP Recovery Manager was of no help either since it doesn't list the webcam pilot or the Cyberlink YouCam software in it's options.

There is no webcam pilot in the HP site Pilots and downloads page for the dv6624ca.

I opened the LCD pannel bezel to make sure the webcam connector was well in place.

I'm now waiting for your advice before trying to install generic/foreign USB video device drivers.

Thank you!

Jean-François

HP Recommended

I updated my last post to include the link. I don't know how much help it will be because you have done most of the steps inside the link.

If the webcam is not listed in the device manager I would be lead to believe it is a hardware issue with the webcam. I have heard of several users fixing the issue by opening the LCD panel bezel like you did.

It may be something more than that if you cannot get the computer to recognize it in the device manager.

Signature

HP Recommended

Hello again npw,

I followed the instructions on the linked page but nothing made the webcam appear in the Device manager.

It's very disapointing, especially when I realize that in many forums the dv6500 series has shown systematic problems with the webcam and seems to be a lemon in that regard.

Though, I'd like to thank you very much for your help.

Take care!

JFB

HP Recommended

You're welcome,

Best Regards!!

Signature

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.