05-20-2011 01:29 AM
I hope this is the right post I'm looking for.
I have 3com Switch 4200 28 ports V4.0. I'm going to setup the router link to it with 3 VLANs. How can i do that? Can a single switch handle the traffic? I think I need a DHCP Server for the DHCP Clients obtain an ip address with their designated VLAN or segment.
Hoping for your response.
Thank you very much in advance.
05-20-2011 03:43 AM
I presume you're talking about network switches.....This is how I see the differences between the 3
UNTAGGED is a regular ethernet data packet
TAGGED is an ethernet data packet with an addition which contains a VLAN ID
A PVID (Port VLAN ID) is an UNTAGGED packet that enters a switch port , the PVID is attched to the untagged packet and forwarded to a VLAN specified by the ID part of the PVID
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)