Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

They are running behind in getting Manuals caught up for all the different Black Friday configurations. Good to know you have an access panel. Does it access both the memory and hard drive?

HP Recommended

No.  It only access the memory and wireless do-hickey-thingy.  🙂

The manual shows how to replace the disk drive but requires taking almost everything apart.  Since it provides both description and diagrams I assume that does not void the warranty.  It certainly doesn't say it does.

Because of the amount of work to verify that I can get to the disk I'm not doing it now.  I certainly hope it is accessible because I like to put SSD's in my laptops.

Thanks for the sharing.

HP Recommended

If you are worried about the warranty check what section of the Manual the instructions are in. If they are in the "authorized service provider" section it does mean the warranty will not cover if you mess it up in the process. My understanding is they do not actually void the warranty automatically so if you install the SSD successfully you are OK.

HP Recommended

I called HP and after being somewhat persistent was told that this machine can be upgraded to a single 8Gb card.  Based upon all information I have read and received I am 99.9999% confident that this is true.

HP Recommended

I don't think it was seriously in doubt. Thanks for confirming. I hope it helps. 

HP Recommended

Is correct I replace with 8 Gb memory and work perfectly.

HP Recommended

Hi I have a HP 15-f010wm i purchased from Wal-Mart can I up grade it to 8 gig of ram.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.