Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-4101dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all, I need to replace my screen, the top right hand side of my screen cracked on its own and I've had this laptop for a few years so i doubt my warranty is still active. Screen is cracked upper right hand side and the only thing i would need replaced is the screen. Hoping to not have to payt the outragous price ive seen quoted in forums to other people as well.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Where do you live (country)? The screen itself is not inexpensive but we can help you with labor to do it yourself. Are you interested in trying that? If not, it is hard to know how you get by for less than about $250-400. Even if you have a local shop do it. 

HP Recommended
I live in the US, how much would it cost if y'all helped with labor?
HP Recommended

This is the screen you need:

13.3-in, FHD, WLED, BrightView (1920×1080), UWVA, 2.55-mm in ash silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4100 through 13-4199 and equipped with an Intel Core i-7 5500U or Intel Core i-5 5200U processor 833712-001

Ouch! the whole screen assembly is over $400 on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HP-Spectre-13-4005DX-LCD-Touch-Screen-Assembly-833712-001-FHD-Webcam-Gra...

Maybe a way around this. Describe how it looks. We can figure out if you need the screen and the glass or just the glass overlay. Unfortunately replacing the whole screen is relatively easy and replacing the glass takes some mad tech skills. I can do the screen but I will not try to do the glass. You have to make sure no bubbles form, etc. But cell phone repair places can do it and the part is much cheaper. Likely you still come out total close to $400. 

HP Recommended
I think it's just the glass, the only issue is the glass cracking and when I had the touchscreen turned on it glitches out and the cursor stays in the middle of the crack in the top right corner, I think that's just because of the glass though. No glass has fallen out, the left side is rough though it's like a ridge sorta shape in one of the spots. If I could I would post a picture of it
HP Recommended

> how much would it cost if y'all helped with labor? 

I doubt that any of "us" (volunteers on this forum) will come to your location to "help" you. :Wink:

See:   http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04807803

for a guide on how to disassemble your laptop. 

There are several possibly "display" components listed on page 15:

Display assembly:

13.3-in, ultra wide aspect ratio, TouchScreen (includes display panel cable, microphones, hinges, webcam, and wireless antenna cables and transceivers)

Spare part number:

13.3-in, QHD, WLED, BrightView (2560×1440), UWVA, 2.55-mm in ash silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4100 through 13-4199 and equipped with an Intel Core i-7 5500U or Intel Core i-5 5200U processor
833713-001

13.3-in, FHD, WLED, BrightView (1920×1080), UWVA, 2.55-mm in ash silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4100 through 13-4199 and equipped with an Intel Core i-7 5500U or Intel Core i-5 5200U processor
833712-001

13.3-in, QHD, WLED, BrightView (2560×1440), UWVA, 2.55-mm in natural silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4100 through 13-4199 and equipped with an Intel Core i-7 6550U, Intel Core i-7 6500U, or Intel Core i-5 6200U processor
828823-001

13.3-in, FHD, WLED, BrightView (1920×1080), UWVA, 2.55-mm in natural silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4100 through 13-4199 and equipped with an Intel Core i-7 6550U, Intel Core i-7 6500U, or Intel Core i-5 6200U processor
828822-001

13.3-in, QHD, WLED, BrightView (2560×1440), UWVA, 2.55-mm in natural silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4000 through 13-4099
801496-001

13.3-in, FHD, WLED, BrightView (1920×1080), UWVA, 2.55-mm in natural silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4000 through 13-4099

801495-001

With the appropriate part-number, access:  http://PartSurfer.HP.com             to order the replacement.

HP Recommended

It may just be the glass if you have a regular picture on the screen but a crack across it and touch works on only part of it. 

This is the glass only:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Spectre-13-X360-13-4100dx-13-3-LED-LCD-Screen-Touch-Glass-Digitizer-Only-...

$75 vs $400+ for the whole assembly. But you cannot do the labor so you will have to find a tech with mad screen glass replacement skills. I usually try to find a cell phone/tablet repair guy. You can maybe get one of those guys to do it for $150-200 and come out for a reasonable total. 

@mdklassen if you have not actually done this repair you are just confusing the issue if you don't know exactly what screen this OP needs and exactly how to fix it. This is a guerilla repair and referring to the Parts Store is not economical. HP does not sell the glass only you have to go to a third parrty vendor. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Huffer  wrote (and then revised to change the text after I copied it to my clipboard):

if you have not actually done this repair you are just confusing the issue if you don't know exactly what screen this OP needs and exactly how to fix it. Thanks. 

Well, please excuse me for volunteering my time on this forum, and for typing a response at approximately the same time as you did.

Shall I stop doing both?

HP Recommended

For this case, yes. A catalogue of all the available screens is not kicking the ball down the court. Only one is useable on his model. Thanks. 

HP Recommended
Thanks on listing a glass only thingy, I'm pretty sure the guys down at flys could do that sorta thing
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.