05-02-2012 04:54 PM
Here is a link to a page containing the laptop I have:
It currently has dual graphics-radeon 6520 and 7670.
Also any additional information on how to remove the old graphics card and install the new one would be really helpful (this will be the first time I have ever tried to make any upgrades).
The main reason for the upgrade is that games tend to lag slightly with medium to high settings or at times with low settings whilst playing on fairly new games, such as Battlefield 3.
Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance .
05-02-2012 06:00 PM
The video adapter in your PC cannot be upgraded without completely swapping out the motherboard, and that presumes one is available for your model with better graphics.
Below is the link to the service manual. Motheboards with graphics descriptions can be found in Chapter 3, on page 25.
From what you posted, those seem to be pretty high end!
I would have to think that doing a motherboard swap would not be cost effective.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)