Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilian 15-n266sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have a HP Pavilian 15-n266sa and after about 10-15 minuets of charging it makes a hiss noise from the charging port area of my laptop. Is it safe to still use my laptop. My laptop is around 3 years old now and has been doing this for about 5 months now and is is really bugging me. the charger is fine and it is the original charger when I got the laptop new. It has no warranty now.

Thanks - Marcus

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MarcusGuy1108

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

I'd be glad to help you 🙂

As I Understand the laptop is making a noise after completing a charge of 10-15 mins,

Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:

Please try with an alternate charger to confirm if it's the charger that's making or causing the noise or the computer's charger port/battery is faulty.
Once the above step has been completed and the sound appears on an alternate adapter as well, please try the below steps:

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I Have tryed all of that and it still hisses. Also today I was using my laptop and during using it it froze and showed a load of colours on the screen than shut off and took a while to turn back on. When it shut of it had full battery. Not Shore what's happening.
HP Recommended

@MarcusGuy1108

Thank you for replying,

I recommend you to try with an alternate power adapter and check if that works better than the current adapter,

if the issue persists, i would suggest you to contact the HP phone support and get a hardware service done.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I Have tryed with another charger and it still makes a hiss noise.

HP Recommended

@MarcusGuy1108

Thank you for the update,

As mentioned earlier, please contact HP for a hardware service,

this could be an issue with either the charger port or the motherboard on your computer,

Keep me posted,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.