Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello !

I brought my HPDV5 1234EE Notebook just a month ago , and i faced problems with the OS update and had many problems such as BSOD and other stuff , but those problems where just because of the update

But then i started to face the problem of Overheating . The left bottom of my Laptop heats up very quickly

Normal temperatures without running anything - 60-64 C

Browsing - 70-80 c

Gaming 95c 

Although i hear the fan spinning in its full speed . I have an AMD Ultra x2 Dual core processor , maybe it might be the problem. 

i even vaccumed it once and found out there was no dust or any blockages . Is 60 C too hot for a laptop without running any programs . ? << no one answers this question . I wanted to even know if i could reduce my laptops heat by putting cooling pads , or maybe even they might not work. My BIOS is even updated . Only problem is that it heats up so bad i even dont feel confortable to keep it on my Lap . It has an ATI Radeon 512 MB dedicated Graphics maybe it might be the problem. i even run it on low performance and the results are the same. i tried out speed fan but that is not compatible to control or monitor my fan speeds . Is my laptop suitable to run games ? cause i love gaming and all the games work poperly . I worry if the core or other parts in the laptop will get burnt cause they are too costly to buy over here . 

Please do Reply With all details so i can do something about the problem 😄

Thank you

Brijan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hmm... 74-84*C does sound pretty warm.  If it becomes a problem I suggest contacting HP customer support.  They made me go in circles though, if you know how that works.  Several support sessions before they acknowledged it was a hardware problem and had me mail my laptop in. :HalfEyes:

Good luck,

Dukesnatch

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

The only thing I can think of is that, although it seems your fan is running at the proper speed, it might not be as fast as you think.

I would try to replace the fan and see.  Also it never hurts to use a cooling pad with the laptop although I think it is important to get to the cause of the heating problem.

Perhaps the computer is still under warranty?

HP Recommended

Hi DaReaper,

I had a similar problem with my Compaq Presario CQ50z-100 CTO laptop.  Only it would be at about 70-80*C while not doing anything on the laptop.  Mine would overheat and shut down even in BIOS.  I contacted HP and mailed my computer in for repairs (no cost, under warranty)  When I got the laptop back, (today) it's temperatures while idle were about 45-60*C.  So that seems normal to me.  I have not tested the temperatures while gaming yet.  If it overheats and crashes, I suggest contacting HP customer support.

HP Recommended

@bwolper  :  Thank you for replying to my question . Yes my Laptop is still under warranty , i have a 1 year warranty period and i just brought my laptop on May and i think there is still a time of 9-10 months left for it to get over .I Brought my cooling pads yesterday , and put it on , now the temperatures  on browsing are like

Thermal : THRM : Min 51 C Max 60

CORE 0 MIN 49 MAX 64

CORE 1 MIN 49 MAX 64

GPU : MIN 42 MAX 45

Are these temperatures okay ? , cause i am wondering how can my laptops fan system spoil so fast when i just brought it in 1-2 months ? well the fan of my laptop starts spinning when my laptop reaches 70 - 80 c and when it strikes 90 it spins faster cause i can feel the heat coming out fast at the left cornor. and plus i even cleaned the heat sink and the dust inside , but there was only a little dust , maybe very very less dust . 

And about the Thermal Paste << will thise ware out in a period of 1-2 months ??

@ Dukesnatch : Thank you very much for replying for my message . Well How is it possible to send the laptop by mail ? is it safe ? how many days did your laptop reach over there and how many days did they repair it and send it back ?

Thank you

Message Edited by DaReaper on 07-17-2009 01:08 AM
Message Edited by DaReaper on 07-17-2009 01:13 AM
HP Recommended

DaReaper,

Your temperatures seem fine to me.  A family member owns a HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop and it has similar temperatures to yours.  I wouldn't worry about it.

The way I sent it by mail is: I contacted HP Customer support and they mailed me a box.  I put my laptop in the box, put the enclosed label on the box, and dropped it off at a fedex location.  It took about 4-5 days total for my laptop to get to HP from the day they mailed me the box.  Very fast shipping.  HP fixed it on the very same day it got there and mailed it back fixed.  So I was without my laptop for a total of 3-4 days.

Also, on the HP customer support forums, you can say thank you by clicking on the "kudos" star next to my post.  🙂

HP Recommended
Hmm okay so 50-60 c while browsing is ok ? ... well then fine , i'll have to try it while gaming , cause yesterday i was playing a game , the temperature at first reached 74c and 84 max ... which i think can come down a bit if i give it rests in between
HP Recommended

hmm... 74-84*C does sound pretty warm.  If it becomes a problem I suggest contacting HP customer support.  They made me go in circles though, if you know how that works.  Several support sessions before they acknowledged it was a hardware problem and had me mail my laptop in. :HalfEyes:

Good luck,

Dukesnatch

HP Recommended

Okay Thank you , i'll try contacting HP support , Cooling Pads did the job of cooling my laptop a bit , min 40c was recorded , but i'll contact HP for sure and make necessary details..

Thank you everyone who took their time to support me with this issue

HP Recommended

I have same problem with my HP Pavilion DV6 3032sa. its runing without any programs at 60C browsing 70-75C but when i run the game it goes up to 95C+ . I have AMD Phenom(tm) II N620 Dual-Core Processor 2.80GHz, 4GB of ram, win7. Device manager shows that my display adapters are AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD4250 and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470. My laptop heats at the same place Left bottom corner. sometimes it is so hot that it even burns my hand. I have Cooling pad but i think it doesn't help me at all. So anyone who knows how to fix this problem plz email me {Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

I got a new HP Pavilion G6 - 2136 Tx Laptop and it was over heating and these were some of my observations and i would suggest some simple measures can be followed.

1. For instance, do not place the laptop on a cloth or anything which is not flat, it must be placed on a flat surface. This is because there are air vents and they must be free to let out the air.

2.Avoid using programmes which have got high graphics: - i got some good games on my laptop, i have played GTA vice city and my observation was, it was not heating up, when i was playing the game, when compared to the other high graphic games, so for those programmes, i reduced their graphics quality level and observed it was not heating up.

That's it for now, if i find out something i will let you all know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.