Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre 13-4000 x360 Convertib
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This link lists the machines that support Hello facial recognition login in Windows 10:  http://www.windowscentral.com/here-are-all-pcs-support-windows-hello-facial-recognition-windows-10

The Spectre x360 is not among them.  Is this because the camera in this laptop is not a RealSense camera, or is it because the driver support is absent for this machine?

Any chance of HP supporting this with a driver upgrade?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @jwg

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and see that you are having issues with the Facial Recognition Login on your Notebook with Windows 10. 

I would suggest rolling back to Windows 8.1 if you can for now as not all of the driver's are available yet for Windows 10. 

I am unaware of any updates as of yet for the Facial Recognition Login. However, updated Windows 10 drivers will become available on your specific products HP Drivers and Downloads Page  as they are released and become available to HP.

If you are unable to roll back, here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating for Windows 10. 

You could also keep trying Windows Updates. They are coming out with new resolutions for these issues daily. 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi there @jwg

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and see that you are having issues with the Facial Recognition Login on your Notebook with Windows 10. 

I would suggest rolling back to Windows 8.1 if you can for now as not all of the driver's are available yet for Windows 10. 

I am unaware of any updates as of yet for the Facial Recognition Login. However, updated Windows 10 drivers will become available on your specific products HP Drivers and Downloads Page  as they are released and become available to HP.

If you are unable to roll back, here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating for Windows 10. 

You could also keep trying Windows Updates. They are coming out with new resolutions for these issues daily. 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info, but there is no way I'm rolling back to Windows 8.1.  10 is such a major improvement over the disaster of Windows 8, that I will patiently wait for updated drivers.  Facial login is simply not that important to me.  Reading between the lines, I think you indirectly answered my question, though, and I appreciate that. 

It's good to know that there are no hardware limitations preventing the Hello facial login.

HP Recommended

Hi, I just updated Windows 10 to the anniversary update edition.  I also installed the latest BIOS update for the Spectre x360.  I'm still getting the message for "Windows Hello" that it is not available for this device.

Is an update planned for the x360 that will enable this?

HP Recommended

I have ordered the HP Spectre X360 4521, is there any sign of drivers for MS Hello in the near future? My 4210 does not support the feature and I was hoping this improved model would. Please give me some good news.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the post @Sysconp1,

I understand that you are looking to know whether your computer is capable of using the Windows Hello or not. I would like to help. 

Please go through the requirements of Windows Hello, if your computer meets these requirements, you should be able to use this feature. (HP TrueVision FHD IR camera is required)

Let me know is this helped, for further assistance, please provide the product number of your computer. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.