Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HDX 16t 1200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

First, let me say that the Windows 10 upgrade (I did a clean install) seems to be working great on my HDX 16.

I do have a few device drivers I and Microsoft cannot figure out. When I bring up Device Manager, under Other Devices I have:

>? Other Device

- ?! Base System Device (call this one 1)

- ?! Base System Device (2)

- ?! Base System Device (3)

- ?! Unknown Device (4)

Properties:

1. Device Type: Other devices; Manufacturer: Unknown; Location: PCI bus 6, device 0, function 1; Device Status:  The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

Events-Info: Device PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&SUBSYS_361B103C&REV_00\4&3ae12ecb&0&01E4 requires further installation.

2. Device Type: Other devices; Manufacturer: Unknown; Location: PCI bus 6, device 0, function 4; Device Status:  The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

Events-Info: Device PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2384&SUBSYS_361B103C&REV_00\4&3ae12ecb&0&04E4 requires further installation. (only difference is Location and Event-Info)

3. PCI bus 6, device 0, function 3

Events-Info: Device PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2383&SUBSYS_361B103C&REV_00\4&3ae12ecb&0&03E4 requires further installation.

4. Device Type: Other devices; Manufacturer: Unknown; Location: on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System; Device Status: The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

Details-Value: ACPI\HPQ0004\2&DABA3FF&1

Events-Info: Device ACPI\HPQ0004\2&daba3ff&1 requires further installation.

I found similar driver problems in the forum on other HP laptops, but nothing on my HDX 16t 1200.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need these drivers...

Base System Devices:

This package contains the JMicron Card Reader driver for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

File name: sp42446.exe

Unknown device:

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard software for supported notebook
models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard protects the hard drive by "parking the heads" if the notebook is accidentally dropped or is abruptly impacted by another object. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need these drivers...

Base System Devices:

This package contains the JMicron Card Reader driver for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

File name: sp42446.exe

Unknown device:

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard software for supported notebook
models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard protects the hard drive by "parking the heads" if the notebook is accidentally dropped or is abruptly impacted by another object. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks, Paul!

That did the trick. Those warnings in Device Manager are gone now.

HP Recommended
You're very welcome.
HP Recommended

I am having same problem with my Elite Book 8470p having windows 10 (32-bit)

HP Recommended

Hi, @shakeelanjum :

You need this driver for the base system device in the 8470p...

The JMicron Media Card Reader Driver enables the integrated media card slot in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63637.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.