Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@Microsloth

Go here.

http://www.synaptics.com/resources

Third one in the list.

REO

HP Recommended

I had already tried that one , no joy.

HP Recommended

Hi:

The synaptics touchpad driver from your notebook's support page should work just fine.

I explored the driver folder, and it contains the 32 and 64 bit drivers and the release notes HTML file indicates that it is good for W7 - W10.

This package provides the driver that enables the Synaptics TouchPad in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The driver enables general touchpad functionality (for example double-tap and scroll) and provides a user interface.

File name: sp72088.exe

HP Recommended

That one did the trick , you da man !

I really appreciate the tenacity.

It would be so much easier if there was a way to get a list of all the hardware ( make & model ) for the specific serial number 🙂

Oh well , thanks again !

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help @Paul_Tikkanen

REO

HP Recommended

You're both very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.