Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook PB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop Note book can only work when pluggd in. The battery is not charging.  The red light comes on for a second and then it turns white and the icon on the task bar reflects plugged in but not charging.

CharleneP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Model seems to be 15-g070nr

You have one too many digits in the Product No. and we did not need the serial number. You may want to go back and remove it from your posts. 

Your battery:

Battery: 4-cell, 41-Whr, 2.8-Ah Li-ion battery 740715-001

3-cell, 31-Whr, 2.8-Ah Li-ion battery 746641-001

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Battery-OA04-OA03-For-HP-740715-001-746458-421-746641-001-751906-541...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

How old is the laptop? The battery?

HP Recommended

My laptop is 3 years old. I believe the battery is the same age as it is the original battery for the laptop

HP Recommended

3 years is as much use as you can hope to get out of a battery. It just needs to be replaced. 

We need your full model number to advise you where to buy the correct replacement battery. 

HP Recommended

Serial No. CND4300WLP

HP Recommended

Is the information given enough for you to tell me where I can purchase my battery even if it is online. I need to know what type of battery I need to purchase.

Serial No. CND4300WLP

I can have someone from North America purchase it for me.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Model seems to be 15-g070nr

You have one too many digits in the Product No. and we did not need the serial number. You may want to go back and remove it from your posts. 

Your battery:

Battery: 4-cell, 41-Whr, 2.8-Ah Li-ion battery 740715-001

3-cell, 31-Whr, 2.8-Ah Li-ion battery 746641-001

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Battery-OA04-OA03-For-HP-740715-001-746458-421-746641-001-751906-541...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.