Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion noteook 15-ab254sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have just bought an HP Pavilion ab254sa laptop form Currys PC world. I checked my warranty status on the HP site and it says Wty: HP HW Maintenance Offsite Support  - active. I cannnot find any infromation what type of warranty is that and what does it cover...I would be really happy if someone can give me more details.

Thanks a lot in advance, I really appreciate your help,

Best wishes,

Asya 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Asya1,

Off-site warranty means that you will either send it back to HP for repair or take it to an authorized service center for HP for repair.

If your laptop is under warranty, you WILL NOT have to pay for shipping if being sent to a depot for repair.

There have been some instances where consumers are asked to pay shipping to depot. HP covers all shipping costs, so don't ever pay to have your laptop repaired.

One thing you may want to look into is "Accidental damage coverage" for your laptop, provided by HP. This covers things like spilling liquid on keyboard or dropping.... Your standard warranty from HP does not cover this type of damage, only electronic defects.

Regards,

Louis

Enjoy your ,laptop 😉

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Asya1,

Off-site warranty means that you will either send it back to HP for repair or take it to an authorized service center for HP for repair.

If your laptop is under warranty, you WILL NOT have to pay for shipping if being sent to a depot for repair.

There have been some instances where consumers are asked to pay shipping to depot. HP covers all shipping costs, so don't ever pay to have your laptop repaired.

One thing you may want to look into is "Accidental damage coverage" for your laptop, provided by HP. This covers things like spilling liquid on keyboard or dropping.... Your standard warranty from HP does not cover this type of damage, only electronic defects.

Regards,

Louis

Enjoy your ,laptop 😉

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot 🙂

Spoiler

HP Recommended

I have determined my HP Warranty status, and would like to contact/arrange for service based on the HP HW Maintenance Offsite Support - Active Status.

Problem is...can't find a number that's listed anywhere that takes you to a tech/service rep phone line.  The numbers I've tried do not reference this service support opportunity, instead direct you back to the site.  Have waited on lines for now...and would very much appreciate having a contact number that works so that I can arrange for product transfer/repair.

Waiting to hear back...most appreciated.

HP Recommended
How about if u don't want to get it shipped can u just bring it there.Do you have to bring a receipt cuz I don't have one.I also have the same warranty.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.