11-17-2008 01:56 PM
11-17-2008 05:52 PM
06-04-2010 11:50 PM
Old topic but I had a similar problem on my mini laptop and I found http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus You can upload files size of 1MB at a time to scan for viruses. I mainly use it for e-mail attachments. It might be helpful to anyone else looking for the same solution.
06-05-2010 04:04 AM
8GB?? I don't think that newer minis have got just 8GB hdd. Anyway, I used to have AVG free edition but changed it to MS Essentials. It's just 7.2MB big and also for free like the others(Avast, AVG, Avira..). If you surf safely don't need an antivirus at all. Also don't open any suspicious mail etc..
8GB hdd? Xubuntu might be a good choice. It runs on poor hardware configs quite fast..
Testing - HP 15-p000 Donated to the Cancer Research UK
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze
*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
06-05-2010 07:40 AM
Unfortunately I have the old one but its quite handy when you are out and about and I just love the ease of use. I have AVG free version for my desktop but as mentioned its quite large for my mini. Mini is only for business use, more like reading mails and presentations.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)