Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17t-j100 Quad Edition
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

according to the battery icon in the task tray......

"70% available (plugged in, not charging)"

uh.... why is it not charging to 100%???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @paradive,

Welcome back to the HP Forums!

I read your post about the battery on your ENVY 17t-j100 not charging and wanted to reach out to you.

Does the system show the battery charging if you disconnect and reconnect the power adapter? Did the issue just start or did it occur after performing an update or upgrade?

You may want to begin testing and calibrating the battery and reviewing the suggestions on improving battery performance.

If you haven't done so already, please ensure you are using the latest device drivers and software for your system.

If one of my suggestions help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the Accept as Solution so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks again for taking part in the HP Forums!

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @paradive,

Welcome back to the HP Forums!

I read your post about the battery on your ENVY 17t-j100 not charging and wanted to reach out to you.

Does the system show the battery charging if you disconnect and reconnect the power adapter? Did the issue just start or did it occur after performing an update or upgrade?

You may want to begin testing and calibrating the battery and reviewing the suggestions on improving battery performance.

If you haven't done so already, please ensure you are using the latest device drivers and software for your system.

If one of my suggestions help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the Accept as Solution so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks again for taking part in the HP Forums!

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

yup.

unplugging and plugging back in worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.