Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavilion 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

downloaded/installed the bios update. everything looked like it ran well, but HP support assistant still shows the update in the message center and the action log does not show the update??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @j5p,

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What is your specific model of Pavilion 17? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I grasp that you believe that you successfully updated the BIOS, however, the HP Support Assistant still shows the message. If you enter the bios does it show the updated version? If it does, then the bios update was successful. If you delete the message from the HP Support Assistant does it come back? HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Please let me know how it goes.

When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them. To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @j5p,

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What is your specific model of Pavilion 17? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I grasp that you believe that you successfully updated the BIOS, however, the HP Support Assistant still shows the message. If you enter the bios does it show the updated version? If it does, then the bios update was successful. If you delete the message from the HP Support Assistant does it come back? HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Please let me know how it goes.

When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them. To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thanks Sparkles1  !!

The Bios version show is F.17, 3/9/2016.

I assume this is the update version, is that correct?

Cheers

j5p

HP Recommended

Hi @j5p,

Thank you for your reply.

As I do not know your specific model of Pavilion 17, I cannot check to verify that it is the latest.. But with the information you did provide, I would assume that it is current looking at the date. If you check the software and driver page and that is the latest one listed, (it could be listed under a lower OS also) then it is the latest version for your model.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thanks again!!

The software/drivers page shows a June 20 2016 version.

So, there must have been multiple updates sent out.

I am going to download this version from the software drivers page.

My PC is HP 17-g121wm.

Cheers

j5p

HP Recommended

Hi @j5p,

Thank you for keeping posted and that you were able to find the latest BIOS update.  

If you agree that your issues was resolved would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them. To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Iconbelow.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.