Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 11-n035tu x360 PC
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

hi my laptop updated the bios on restarting the screen stayed black and caps light not working.  I followed instructions from hp support on hard resetting  I also tryed the windows plus b keys and windows plus v keys. I also created a bios recovery usb stick nothing worked. my battery is not removable please can anyone help me all my photos of my mum are on it. i even tryed to connect to my tv via hdmi cable that didnt work either.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @ccole

Thank you for posting back.

I recommend you to contact phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Follow below steps to contact phone support.

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @ccole

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to windows after bios update.

I’d love to help!

I recommend you follow the steps in the below document on how to restore bios and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2bXONjA

If the issue persists, follow the steps in the below document.

http://hp.care/2bQHDtg

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you as stated in my post I had already tryed all those solutions with no results. I have now put it in to a professional who is fixing it. I also will never trust hp updates again. Thank you for trying to help.
HP Recommended

Hi @ccole

Thank you for posting back.

I recommend you to contact phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Follow below steps to contact phone support.

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I played $399.00 for the laptop now I got to pay to get it fixed no more hp update
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.