Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Notebook PC Pavilion tx2513cl, Windows Vista 32-bit.  Are there different blink codes for this product?  Notebook has one blink code, so I installed a certified used processor   (S1g2 for a processor - AMD Turion X2 (model# RM-70)), and still does not boot up.  Left notebook with KChelpdesk.com (location were I purchased processor) and they state it is the motherboard, however, one blink continues, which is "CPU not functional" and hp website shows 5 blinks is "General system board failure"  link to blink codes http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Correct, 1 LED code is Processor only. just need to focus on the How to identify teh codes.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

also there is a possiblity of systemboard issue which is giving a false code.

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
HP Recommended

How long of a pause is there before the next blink. As I have one blink followed by a 2-3 second pause. So i am unsure of what error code is actually being prompted. Thanks for the help

HP Recommended

Hello BitsBytesPC,

I see that you are having questions about a blink code on your computer. A 2-3 second pause would indicate a stoppage in the blink code. So the code would most likely be a one blink code that you are receiving.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

I have run across this issue at least 6 times.  In every scenario the board had to be replaced.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.