Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 240 g3
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

i have the 240 g3 with celeron n2840 and intel hd 2gb ram is it possible to upgrade ram and dedicated video memory?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

The memory is upgradeable but nothing else. The processor and graphics are soldered to the motherboard so any changes to those components would require replacement of the motherboard which would not make sense because of the cost. 

Post back with any more questions. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

The memory is upgradeable but nothing else. The processor and graphics are soldered to the motherboard so any changes to those components would require replacement of the motherboard which would not make sense because of the cost. 

Post back with any more questions. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

thank you very much, can you tell me what is the most ram i would be able to upgrade to and what are the specificacion of the ram i would have to buy. i know there is diferrent type 1333/1600mhz and then the pins

HP Recommended

It's all in the Manual:

Supports up to 16 GB of system RAM in the following configurations: ● 16384-MB total system memory (8192×2)

DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM memory

Memory module (PC3L, 12800, 1600-MHz): 8-GB 693374-001

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-1600MHz-PC3-12800-KVR16LS11/dp/B00CQ35HBQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UT...

This is 204 pin memory.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.