04-10-2012 02:34 PM - edited 04-10-2012 03:09 PM
i have HP Pavilion g7-1167dx Notebook PC amd phenom ii quad core 1.80 ghz and i would like to upgrade it. is it possible?
i need a faster cpu for work and i was wondering if it was possible to replace it with something better or am i stuck?
04-14-2012 12:21 PM
Could you tell us what North Bridge is on the motherboard? There are two motherboards for this AMD series laptops. Phenom II N970 might be compatible with the motherboard but it's just my guess..
Testing - HP 15-p000 Donated to the Cancer Research UK
HP ProBook 640, Core i7-4610M/HyperX 240GB SSD/Corsair 16GB DDR3 1800MHz/Intel 6235
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze
*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)