08-30-2009 06:09 PM
i found a comaq armada at a university surplus store. i put windows 2000 on it. the side volume keys work, as do most of the fn+_ keys. but there are four hotkeys labed 1,2, 3, and . the manual says that you use keyboard settings for them but i have no restore cd and so i have no driver. hp's site has the driver nowhere either.
i tried autohotkey . detected the keys but the script writer gave me a bunch of garbage as well. hotkeybard didnt detect the keys.
anybody know where i could get the driver for the keyboard or how to cutom st the four keys?
Solved! View Solution.
Re: compaq armada 1750 hotkeys
08-30-2009 11:43 PM
08-30-2009 06:50 PM
The four keys are application quick launch keys and you can map them to the .exe file for your email, web browser, word processor, etc. For some reason they do not post the driver under the 1700 or 1750 series but the one from the Armada 4100 series will work. This says it is for Windows 98 but runs fine under Windows 2000. After you install reboot and go to the keyboard applet in the Control Panel and there will be a new tab which allows you to browse to a file to associate with each of the 4 buttons.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)