08-12-2012 12:21 PM
I tried to update the BIOS of my Compaq Presario CQ60-210US notebook using the driver downloaded from the HP Support website. The update failed, the computer locked up and would not take any input from the keyboard or the mousepad. I did a hard reset and now the notebook won't boot at all.
I tried following the steps to restore a corrupted BIOS (windows key + B + power for 3 seconds) several times but the notebook still will not boot.
There are instructions for using an HP_TOOLS USB drive to restore the BIOS, but I can't figure out how to create that USB drive. There are no links and no instructions to create it. When I search HP.com it takes me right back to the same page.
08-12-2012 01:01 PM - edited 08-12-2012 01:08 PM
See if someone will reprogram your bios here:
Maybe this may help too:
Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)