02-14-2011 10:04 AM
whenever i switch on my HP notebook, it is throwing error as "The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating properly. Press Enter to continue" message is coming. only if i press Enter it is getting logged in, otherwise getting switched off. Please help me.
10-17-2012 03:43 PM
More often than not, I've seen dust and fluff pulled into the notebook, building up around the fan(s), preventing them from functioning properly. A vacuum cleaner held up to the vent will often pull out this foreign matter, fixing the issue. I would begin with this step. I hope this helps!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)