Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion cv6t-6c00 Quad
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Heat sink fan is making a lot of noise on start up and I need to find out which one I need to order.

CPU is Intel i7-2670m

AMD Radeon HD 7400M series

Intel HD Graphics 3000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @LightKeeper,

Thank you for the reply!

With the switchable graphics you have listed, it appears you have 1024mb of discrete memory. Looking at the graphics configurations on pages 3-4. Using that information in accordance with the fan information on page 83, the part you are look for is: 665308-001.

You can use that part number with the HP Parts Surfer and other computer part sales websites.

HP Part Surfer

If this information is useful, click the thumbs up.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @LightKeeper,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with noise fan. I will be glad to help you.

Please look at the follow documents first.

Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

If you still have a noice fan about doing steps from above documents, the Maintenance and Service Guide page 83-87 show the different fans and part numbers.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

No, this didn't help.  I know what is wrong.  My fan is going bad.  I know what I have to do.  I have to replace it.  What I don't know is which fan to buy.  There are three fans that could pertain to my machine.  I have an i7 intel processor and swichable graphics.  And I don't have a clue which of those three fans will work in my machine.  I don't know if I have UMA graphics or what.  If you stil have my original post my graphics information is there.  If not I will look it up again and send it to you. 

Thanks for your interest and time anyway.

Ted Dodge

HP Recommended

Hello @LightKeeper,

Thank you for the reply!

With the switchable graphics you have listed, it appears you have 1024mb of discrete memory. Looking at the graphics configurations on pages 3-4. Using that information in accordance with the fan information on page 83, the part you are look for is: 665308-001.

You can use that part number with the HP Parts Surfer and other computer part sales websites.

HP Part Surfer

If this information is useful, click the thumbs up.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.  I may have eventually given that one a try, but I wasn't at all sure.  I still have no idea what uma is.  I have tried looking it up and I have done searches for it.   It isn't that there isn't anything there, it's just that in regards to my own situation most of it is pretty vague.

Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.