12-20-2013 09:29 PM - edited 12-20-2013 10:00 PM
l'm having the same issue. I bought this planning to put photos on it as a gift but a lot of photos just come up as a black screen with a question mark in the center.
I've noticed that the .jpg will be show up but any of the .jpeg do not work. Any ideas to get them to work or do I really have to find some way to convert everything to .jpg?
Edit: Noticed a couple .jpg don't work either.
01-03-2014 06:34 PM
Not all JPGs are alike. There are several types of JPGs including "Progressive" and "Optimized."
The frame will not display Progressive type. The remedy is simple.
Take one of the images that will not display. Open it in your favorite image editing program such as PhotoShop, PhotoShop Elements, or even Paint (comes with all Windows PCs). Save As... JPG. If you are presented with the choice, select "Optimized".
Try the newly saved JPG image with your frame. It should display OK.
01-10-2014 10:56 AM
I have many .jpg files that also are black with question marks also. I tried the edit suggested but that did not work. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Since HP has a manual that does not match this unit, that is totally useless. Example: manual shows 9 volt plug in where my df810v1 is a 5 volt unit.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)