04-19-2012 08:27 PM - edited 04-19-2012 08:33 PM
I have a HP Pavilion dm1-4108au and I can't seem to find out if it supports dual channel memory.
I want to upgrade the RAM and don't know whether to get 2x2GB or 1x4GB.
04-20-2012 06:42 AM
Yes it supports dual channel and can actually accept 2 x 4 gb ddr3-10600. At today's memory prices it makes a lot of sense to install 8 gb. The 8 gb kit at crucial.com is less than $50.
08-11-2012 04:04 AM
"Yes it supports dual channel and can actually accept 2 x 4 gb ddr3-10600."
Trying to upgrade a dm1 4108au to 8gb RAM.Using 2 x 4gb 1333Mhz
It does not seem to recognise it. I get a black screen with both 4gb sticks installed.
Boots okay with one 4gb stick in the second slot and the original 2gb in the original slot. Each of the 4gb sticks gives this result. I can also swap the 4gb and the 2gb between the slots and get the same result.
With 1x 4gb and 1x2gb installed, System Info says 6gb installed but only 1.6gb useable.
With original 2gb installed, System Info says 2gb installed but only 1.6gb useable.
No combination of 2 x 4gb works.
Can you suggest a fix to get all 8GB going?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)