Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv5000
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I just updated the BIOS before i replace the CPU from intel celeron M 410 to intel core duo T2600. Now when i turn it ON it has power the CPU fan is working but NO VIDEO..What shall i do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry it's been a while.. Just to let you know that M440 1.86GHz works.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Yes Celeron models were typically delivered with a different motherboard than the higher level processors. No BIOS update will help. The motherboard just does not have all the hardware to support the Core Duo CPU. 

Here is your Manual:

Manual

You can see on page 3-7 there are 3 motherboard and you have the 940 chipset "defeatured" version which can only support Celeron processors. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

i put back the old CPU intel  celeron 410 1.46GHz and it works fine.. You said that  my mother board can only support celeron. i have right now a 440  1.80GHz do you thin this will work?  they are exactly the same 1M/533.

HP Recommended

The only other supported Celeron M in the Manual just says 1.6 ghz and they do not give the model. I think it would be the 420. The 440 might work but it is a crapshoot. 

HP Recommended

i look at the manual. but i realize now that there 3 type of motherboards and mine belongs to the defeatured one..  sorry, this is the reply in your previous message..

HP Recommended

thank you for your help.. i'm gonno try the 440.

HP Recommended

Let us know if it works

HP Recommended

Sorry it's been a while.. Just to let you know that M440 1.86GHz works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.