06-24-2010 07:10 AM
i have a unpopular dv6700 laptop. the nvidia card on this card has got enough unpopularrity for hp. i wanted to somehow change the fan speed so that the graphic card and processot runs cool. or atleast any option to turn the fan speed to full?
06-24-2010 09:55 AM
There is no real way to control the fan speeds in a branded notebook. The BIOS is what controls the fans and tells it to run faster, or slower. Your best bet is to get a cooling pad if you are truly worried about the heating issue.
*Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos star!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)