04-07-2010 06:43 PM
Hey guys, I have a dv6000 I'm trying to format for a friend after his hard drive died. We purchased a new hard drive and I have the recovery disk but I can't seem to boot from the cd/dvd rom. I select the boot order and choose to boot from cd and it doesn't and just continues to a black screen that says operating system not installed. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks
04-08-2010 09:47 AM
It could be a possibility that your CD Drive is not being detected. A lot of people are having this issue of the drive not being recognized and although there are many different options to fix it, there is no "true" real fix. Try inserting several different CD's to see if they could be read at least.
When I had to re-format my hard drive, there were a couple of times that it didn't read the CD.
Let me know if you have any luck.
08-16-2012 09:42 AM
seems to be a problem with the optical unit, sometimes they die without notice even if you don't use it for a while. Try buying a new one from ebay or any other store. the part number is going to be 431410-001
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)