Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I'm looking for a vendor selling just the bracket for installing a second drive in the dv7-1285dx. Anyone know where to acquire?

I heard that HP sells the bracket with a hard drive but I can't even find that and i'm sure it's more than a notebook HD from a secondary vendor.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

same question same answer:

other thread

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

same question same answer:

other thread

HP Recommended
Thanks for the help!
HP Recommended

i have a dv7-2005el. there is place for a second hdd, but no bracket. if i add a bracket there, can i mount another hdd so i have 2? and does it work?

HP Recommended

I just took out my HDD (in my DV8000 laptop) and removed the bracket. I stuck the drive back in the bay, and it still booted right up.

Apparently, all you need is another means of keeping the hard drive secure. the bracket doesn't even seem to serve any grounding purpose.

HP Recommended

HDD bracket for Acer Aspire 3651 is compatible. Acer Aspire 3651_ ramka (Medium).JPG 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.