02-12-2014 01:53 PM
Hi I have a dv7-7012 entertainment laptop and I'm looking to add an SSD for it. I know that it has a spot for it but I'm hoping for a part number for the cable and mounting bracket.
Also, I would like to upgrade the network card in it to a dual band AC enabled one. Any suggestions on that?
02-12-2014 05:16 PM
The cable and mounting bracket can be purchased here:
These are thoroughly tested and approved by many users here at the Forum.
HP has not made any AC wireless card workable with your laptop. There is a block imposed at the BIOS level which prevents booting if you install an unapproved wireless device. In other words, no dice. Sorry.
If this is "the Answer" please click "accept as Solution" to help others find it.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)