Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
elitebook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

We have received several insidents with elitebook 840 G3 RJ 45 door damaging physically. Please someone help me to find the door & spring or chassis bottom to buy online. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums

I understand that this issue is related with the drop-jaw RJ-45 Ethernet port

This you can get it replaced with the part number

917396-001

Hope this helped.

I am an HP Employee

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums

I understand that this issue is related with the drop-jaw RJ-45 Ethernet port

This you can get it replaced with the part number

917396-001

Hope this helped.

I am an HP Employee

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Where can you actually buy this part, have tried 3 HP suppliers none of which can source the part!

Steve Ord

HP Recommended

I can get these if you are interested. They come in packs of 20 however. 

HP Recommended

I would be very interested, let me know how I can contact you.

HP Recommended

(removed content)

HP Recommended

Can you send me a private message, I'm in the UK and can't dial international numbers? Thanks.

HP Recommended

I just had this replaced.  So I'd like to share for reference the part details. 

The actual part = 914220-001

However this came as part of a replacement kit = 821175-001

This kit had all sort of miniature plastics and covers that come in handy if you have taken it apart and lost some, but otherwise is just a lot more than you need to complete the repair. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.