Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 13-4195dx x360 Conv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My wife purchased a HP laptop that came with Win 10 preinstalled. The problem is that the cursor jumps all over the page. This happens when typing in any software whether it's Word, Outlook, or Photoshop and on occasions will shut down the software. I have turned down the sensitivity of the touch pad just in case her fingers accidentally hits the touch pad and she has been careful not to touch the pad but still the cursor jumps around. This problem problem seems to be getting worse. Looking for a solution.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 78 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8101 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 477048 MB, Free - 390436 MB; 😧 Total - 10131 MB, Free - 1276 MB; H: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 245768 MB; I: Total - 1907057 MB, Free - 1659025 MB;
Motherboard: HP, 804E
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Kindly update the synaptics via hp.com/support. After updating the synaptics update the BIOS. Everything should work fine.

Cheers!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Kindly update the synaptics via hp.com/support. After updating the synaptics update the BIOS. Everything should work fine.

Cheers!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.