05-07-2014 07:34 AM
Can you expalin whether the fn key changes keys at hardaware level or at some registry/ACPI level as i am unable to get a registerd keystroke on my HP pavilion dv6 3043tx for fn key brightness +/- and wifi key. Other function key were giving appropriate codes. Can you tell me why.
Thanks in advanced.
Also can you tell me the code for fn+backlight key for same model.
Sorry for bad english.
05-13-2014 02:35 PM
The action key feature is enabled at the factory. You can disable this feature in Setup Utility.
If this feature is disabled in Setup Utility, you will need to press fn and an action key to activate the
assigned function. Refer to the “Setup Utility (BIOS)” chapter for additional information.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)