Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
product id / g2b26ea#abv
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
Hard drive test was failed.. system diagonstics

Failure id / qbsbxs_000875_mfkr6j_60r203

Product id / g2b26ea#abv
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi again,

If your laptop is out of warranty, you could take the hard drive out of the laptop bay and connect it as an external drive. You can do that using a SATA-USB cable or you could put the drive into an external case /enclosure/ and after that, connect it to the PC. The backup can be done by some software but the drive must be working correctly. Otherwise, you won't get access to it. You could try to extract the data via Linux CD/USB. Within the Ubuntu forum you can see the steps how to make a bootable flash. Once you have downloaded the .iso file, change the boot priority on the computer where the USB is placed. It is done through the BIOS and you must change the boot priority to be from USB ports and not the HDD. When it boots from the PC, you have to click on try option and not on the option to install the OS.

Hope I gave you an idea.

Western Digital representative

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello wala22 and welcome to the forum,

It's kind of unpleasant situation that you have. My suggestion is to directly contact the HP representatives via the support line for your product. Is your laptop still under warranty? If it is, my sugestion is to bring it to an authorized by HP pc repair company to make the replacement of the drive.

If you would like to change the drive yourself, you could do that, but make sure you have checked the compatibility list with the available drives.

Basically, you will need a drive with the following specifications:

• 2.5 inches

• 5400 RPM

• SATA II/III – depending on the laptop model that you have

Hope I have been helpful.

HP Recommended
Hello ky_yd I want to ask you is there is away to backup my data
HP Recommended

Hi again,

If your laptop is out of warranty, you could take the hard drive out of the laptop bay and connect it as an external drive. You can do that using a SATA-USB cable or you could put the drive into an external case /enclosure/ and after that, connect it to the PC. The backup can be done by some software but the drive must be working correctly. Otherwise, you won't get access to it. You could try to extract the data via Linux CD/USB. Within the Ubuntu forum you can see the steps how to make a bootable flash. Once you have downloaded the .iso file, change the boot priority on the computer where the USB is placed. It is done through the BIOS and you must change the boot priority to be from USB ports and not the HDD. When it boots from the PC, you have to click on try option and not on the option to install the OS.

Hope I gave you an idea.

HP Recommended
First I want to thank you for your help
Second I want to ask you if my hard appear as all space is empty cani recover my data or not
HP Recommended

Hey,

Thanks a lot for the appreciation! 🙂

Depending on the OS and the recovery program that you're using, you could try to extract some of the data. Have you tried the Linux option for data reading? If Ubuntu and some softwares have failed in this, then I'm afraid, you will have to bring it to a data recovery company to try get your data back.

Good luck with this! I keep my fingers crossed. 🙂

HP Recommended
Can you give medirect link to download linux bootable, please
HP Recommended

Sorry, but being a company affiliate I'm not allowed to post links to other companies.

I'm sure you could find based on key words how to make a bootebale flash in linux.

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.