Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

i can not identify my laptop, i need to download drivers from hp.com

i have downloaded the hp assistance software as well and it show the model number which is

serial number:[Personal Information Removed]

and

product number:LN246EA#A2N

i have searched a lot but could not find any drivers

i need audio driver because if i play dvd the sound is very low and distorted.

i have searched on hp.com by the auto detect of the product but it can not detect my laptop

its a g6 pavilion

it shows a lot of model numbers list when i go to the web site and i dont know what is my laptops number because its different from the number which is shown by hp assistance software.

please help me out. thanks. or just send me the link of from where i can get the drivers to solve this problem. regards.

asim nawaz.

asimnawaz911@yahoo.com

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Pavilion g6-1007sx

This should be the driver page:

Driver Page

HP Recommended

hi again,

i have tried the driver page u recomended, i have installed the audio driver from that page and restarted the computer, but still the same.

as i play any dvd movie the sound is very low and there is an onther noise in the background something like a distortion, please help me out.

this is a new laptop and i am using it for the first time.

few audio file like mp3 works well but mostly in the movie files its very bad.

can u suggest me any audio player so i can try it in some different one.

i am using media player right now.

regards.

HP Recommended

Try VLC media player. If the sound ever works well in any environment it is not a driver problem. I suspect you may have a bad codec in Windows Media Player which is having problems with video. VLC media player is available at videolan.org

HP Recommended

tell me the mothed to find model number of my hp pivilion g6

HP Recommended

Hello waqassabir,

This document should help you find the model number of your notebook.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, i can't know my model.. Is there anything i can do to know it? My wifi has not been working and i need to fix it using the proper dirver. Please help. 

HP Recommended

do you still have the box and paperwork

HP Recommended
i can not identify my laptop, i need to download drivers from hp.com i have downloaded the hp assistance software as well and it show the model number which is serial number: 5CD3134ZL3 and product number:D5M20EA#ABV i have searched a lot but could not find any drivers i have searched on hp.com by the auto detect of the product but it can not detect my laptop its a g6 pavilion it shows a lot of model numbers list when i go to the web site and i dont know what is my laptops number because its different from the number which is shown by hp assistance software. please help me out. thanks. or just send me the link of from where i can get the drivers to solve this problem. regards.
HP Recommended

Hi El_Mamlouk,

This is the model of your notebook: HP Pavilion g6-2347se Notebook PC.

You will be able to find drivers from the following link - http://goo.gl/MuamvD

--------------------

Hi Meligy,

Private message me the Serial/Product number of your computer so I can take a look.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.