02-11-2012 12:28 PM
I am not able to remove the keyboard or the bezel that surrounds it. Not sure if I have all of the screws removed. I only found 3 screws on the bottom of the laptop that had the keyboard symbol stamped next to them.
02-11-2012 12:37 PM
The procedure is detailed starting on Page 60 of your Maintenance & Service Guide.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
02-11-2012 01:51 PM
I managed to find the 5 screws that held the keyboard in place. After removing the keyboard, the top piece of the zif connector (the single grey removable piece came off. I'm now trying to install the ribbon cable, but the grey bar doesnt seem to want to snap back in place. I've put it under a magnifying glass, but I cant determine if it has a top or bottom side. It seems to have a ridge on both sides.
Thank you for your quick response.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)