09-10-2013 11:49 AM
The previous answers are good for temporary fix. If you want to permantly disable (instead of toggle) the touchpad to be off, you can also go through the "Control Panel->Mouse->Device Settings" tab, and there you'll see options for TouchStyk as well as the LuxPad, and the buttons for each are called out separately. So you can disable any of those 4, and they will remain off until you enable them again.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)