Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

how to set up RamBoost on HP Pavilion x2 with new Sandisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 Class 10 64GB on W10

Not sure whether compatible or not....also any trick to avoiding OverScan when trying to hook up an HDMI cable to a Vizio Television...works ok...but usually need to leave the X2 open and on when the display is larger on the larger screen and cannot see the controls in the corners as they bleed or overscan out of sight

Thanks for your help ! Smiley Happy

Jim [personal information removed]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

wow...THANK YOU BANHIEN!! is the Ccleaner freebie mentioned to help clean up the UNEEDED StartUps still a good idea?

http://www.howtogeek.com/74523/how-to-disable-startup-programs-in-windows/

Also, since apparently the RamBoost is a weak if not worthless idea, ...but I still seek to improve the speed of this tiny toy,...

how about the notion of OVERCLOCKING the tiny math coprocessor that nets out at 1,33 ghz or so?

...would the Sandisk have any way to help that happen or do you know anyone who has tried to do that?

....either way....KUDOS on STEROIDS to YOU kind sir!  !!

kind of blew what remaining few hairs back this ol geezer has left !! 🙂

thx for being patient AND SO PROMPT with tech loving amateurs like me.

GOD BLESS YOU AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! 🙂

SINCERELY,

JIM.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Why you need RamBoost in the first place ? Please read:

http://www.howtogeek.com/171424/why-memory-optimizers-and-ram-boosters-are-worse-than-useless/

You need to tell your TV do not overscan its source.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

wow...THANK YOU BANHIEN!! is the Ccleaner freebie mentioned to help clean up the UNEEDED StartUps still a good idea?

http://www.howtogeek.com/74523/how-to-disable-startup-programs-in-windows/

Also, since apparently the RamBoost is a weak if not worthless idea, ...but I still seek to improve the speed of this tiny toy,...

how about the notion of OVERCLOCKING the tiny math coprocessor that nets out at 1,33 ghz or so?

...would the Sandisk have any way to help that happen or do you know anyone who has tried to do that?

....either way....KUDOS on STEROIDS to YOU kind sir!  !!

kind of blew what remaining few hairs back this ol geezer has left !! 🙂

thx for being patient AND SO PROMPT with tech loving amateurs like me.

GOD BLESS YOU AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! 🙂

SINCERELY,

JIM.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I know it is a Pavilion X2 but no idea what is its model BUT it should already has some sort of flash HDD, the SanDisk microSD may slow it down because it has to do I/O thru a different path.

One thing I should say: forget about overclocking, you simply can't do this, it is locked from BIOS. Many machines now are NOT upgradable therefore we need to choose before buy.

Just midday on Friday, I still have to work few more hours before can have a good, warmer weekend.

Cheers

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.