09-16-2009 06:26 AM
I have a cq40-519tx, its with core 2 duo t6500 2.1ghz, motherboard= compal 7010.
Does anyone know how to turn on the virtualization technology (VT) from the motherboard?
i need to run a 64 bit linux on a 32 bit Win XP.
09-16-2009 07:09 AM
this cpu doesnt support VT
you would have to turn it on inside bios, if its turned off, if your cpu supported it.
09-16-2009 08:50 AM
thank you for the reply.
in this case, how can i virtually run a 64 bit linux on a windows using VMware?
Can i install a 64 bit win xp then VM the linux?
09-16-2009 12:43 PM
As posted by necrophyte T6500 do not have VT feature.
No way you can enable VT for processor that do not have Virtualization Technology
With this processor, please forget the idea installing VM in any OS.
Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)