Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 notebook

Not sure if this is the right forum. Dropped my HP 15t-r160 notebook and need to replace the LCD screen the plastic display cover (blue) and the side metal rails/hinges. I found the LCD screen and ordered it but I can't seem to find the exact parts I need to replace the screen cover and hinges assembly for this model. HELP! Thank in advance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

P. 20 of this Manual:

Manual

has an exploded diagram of the screen assembly subcomponents. Not sure if you need the frame (bezel) or the plastic lid of the laptop (enclosure) or what color it is to this would have the parts list you need. 

Post back once you know the parts you need and we can help you locate them. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

P. 20 of this Manual:

Manual

has an exploded diagram of the screen assembly subcomponents. Not sure if you need the frame (bezel) or the plastic lid of the laptop (enclosure) or what color it is to this would have the parts list you need. 

Post back once you know the parts you need and we can help you locate them. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying! I need the plastic cover that holds the webcam and has the 2 hinge railings with the attached hinges. I can find them but none specifically for this model. Are they all the same? The laptop is the dark blue color and I cannot find the that in blue.

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your HP 15 ? Must be HP 15-something because HP has hundreds of HP 15 models/products.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@banhien  It is a 15-r160sa as he said in his first post (sort of).

@yankeebubba

Did you look at page 20? It is an exploded diagram of the insides of the screen and lists all the parts by number. I assume you are in the US. Yes, this Manual lists the parts for your model and all models in the same series. 

The part that holds the webcam could be either the screen frame or the screen enclosure so we need some help there. The parts are by color and one of the options is blue. The screen hinges and rails are the same for all non-touch models and yours is non-touch.

Hinges (left and right) For use in models without a touch screen 749655-001

http://www.amazon.com/Laptop-Replacement-Hinge-749655-001-am14d000100/dp/B014UQR17O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UT...

Let us know about the other part you need and we can link you to that, too. Is this it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HP-TOUCHSMART-15-G083NR-15G-15-G-15-R-LCD-BACK-COVER-775084-001-760966-0...

HP Recommended

The manual helped me. Thanks!

HP Recommended

You are a God! I called hp and they said "you can't fix it but we can for 200.00"  how is it I can buy the part but not fix it. It won't work right now anyway cause the hinge won't let me open the lid far enough to even push the power button. I know it won't be easy but I will try anyway

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.